Mar 21, 2022
John Dwyer is the driving force of Osees, a band who celebrates
music on vinyl and other collectable formats. Today John shares
about his music collection, his focus on vinyl and music
exploration, his label Castleface Records and much more.
- Adjustments of John’s routine made due to Covid
- Current projects he’s been working on
- How John manages multiple projects
- John getting into heavier music
- Getting into early noise music in Providence RI
- What does the next record sound like?
- John likes collecting things – discusses record collecting
- Discussing what we do with record collection when we die
- What’s the most out of place record in John’s collection?
- John keeps purchasing copies of “I Need Some Money” by Eddie
Harris and John Sermon and Stu Martin “Live at
Woodstock Town Hall”
- John taking chords from Miles Davis “Tribute to Jack
- Do you care about 1st or collectable pressings?
- How do you take care of your records?
- How John dials in his turntable
- What role does vinyl play in The Osees?
- Taking records and product on the road
- What’s the wackiest thing you’ve put on the merch table?
- What are your feelings on Osees records going for large
- Discussing The Flying Lizards
- Efforts to archive his work – what is the end game?
- Involvement in Castleface Records
- Current vinyl pressing delay issues
- The future of vinyl creation & 3D printers
- Hi-fi audio and the weakest link
- Wood-gluing records – other gimmicks for products
- Signing up for updates on Osees and Castleface
- The genesis of the name “Castleface Records”
- Interview wrap up
Extended version of this interview located here: www.Patreon.com/VinylGuide
Listen on Apple: https://apple.co/2Y6ORU0
Listen on Spotify: https://spoti.fi/36qhlc8
Follow our Podcast: https://linktr.ee/vinylguide
Support our show: www.Patreon.com/VinylGuide
If you like records, just starting a collection or are an
uber-nerd with a house-full of vinyl, this is the podcast for you.
Nate Goyer is The Vinyl Guide and discusses all things music and