Aug 15, 2022
Record Collector and Vinyl Ambassador Michael Fremer joins us to
talk record collecting, discuss the state of the vinyl industry,
the relaunch of Tracking Angle and lots more.
- Interview start
- Current process for purchasing records
- The guilt of having so many records
- Absorbing and reviewing records
- Restarting Tracking Angle & YouTube Channel
- Hanging onto originals vs reissues
- Does he sell records?
- Special records in Michael’s collection
- Paul McCartney’s ‘Flaming Pie’ limited vinyl
- A letter from Brian May
- What happens to his collection after he dies?
- Are we in a vinyl bubble?
- Buying, selling, then re-buying records
- Records we regret passing up
- What’s the most Michael has spent on a record?
- What will the vinyl industry look like after the supply chain
- Vinyl benefits fuelling the vinyl resurgence
- New pressing plant investments around the world
- What is the current weak link in the vinyl production supply
- Key suppliers for record stylus manufacturing
- Comparing record production from the ‘golden age’ and
- Michael’s thoughts on HD Vinyl
- The long-term vinyl impacts of the Universal Music Fire
- DMM equipment and the Church of Scientology
- Recalling vinyl quality over time
- Are early pressings in a stamping cycle sold at a premium?
- Interview wrap up
Tracking Angle & Tracking Angle YouTube Channel
EXTENDED & HIGH RESOLUTION version of this interview
available at: www.Patreon.com/VinylGuide
Listen on Apple: https://apple.co/2Y6ORU0
Listen on Spotify: https://spoti.fi/36qhlc8
Follow our Podcast: https://linktr.ee/vinylguide
Support our show: www.Patreon.com/VinylGuide
If you like records, just starting a collection or are an
uber-nerd with a house-full of vinyl, this is the podcast for you.
Nate Goyer is The Vinyl Guide and discusses all things music and