Nov 29, 2021
Greg Edwards of Failure gives a rare insight into his creative
background and discusses his vinyl history, song-writing process,
rare recordings, new LP 'Wild Type Droid" & more.
- Does Greg collect anything?
- How a new father can manage their record collection
- His parents' record collection
- The music that inspired him to play
- Joining Failure
- Switching from bass to guitar
- Song-writing for Failure
- The meaning of 'Wild Type Droid'
- Is there a 'theme' to the new album?
- The end of the Spaceman?
- The legacy of 'Fantastic Planet'
- Songwriting process
- Lack of segues on 'Wild Type Droid'
- the price of Failure vinyl prices
- The impact of the 2010 vinyl pressing of 'Fantastic
- Early Failure singles
- Does the Spaceman have a name?
- Solaris 2014 45 reunion single
- Background and vinyl likelihood of The Replicants
- Lusk - "Free Mars" album
- The future of Autolux
- Watching their last show in 1997
- Wrap up
Get Failure's "Wild Type Droid" on vinyl
Extended interview here: www.Patreon.com/VinylGuide
Listen on Apple: https://apple.co/2Y6ORU0
Listen on Spotify: https://spoti.fi/36qhlc8
Follow our Podcast: https://linktr.ee/vinylguide
Support our show: www.Patreon.com/VinylGuide
If you like records, just starting a collection or are an
uber-nerd with a house-full of vinyl, this is the podcast for you.
Nate Goyer is The Vinyl Guide and discusses all things music and