May 1, 2023
Kid Congo Powers (The Cramps, The Gun Club, Nic Cave
& the Badseeds) talks about his record collection, as well as the
many stories of his life as outlined in his new book "Some New
Kind of Kick".
- Joining the Gun Club, flying to Australia
with 24 hours notice
- Writing his book "Some New
Kind of Kick"
- His preferred state in writing songs
- Nick Cave liked to keep people on edge
- Growing up with his sister’s records
- Records and radio in Los Angeles
- Memories of Dr Demento
- Early record purchases
- The first song he absolutely loved
- He didn’t think of himself as a musician
- Taking the Ramones record shopping
- Forming The Gun Club
- Early memories of seeing The Cramps
- His memories of living with The
- Keith Morris gave The Gun Club their band
- Alternate names for The Gun Club
- Kid Congo writes "Fire of Love" then joins The
- “Would you cut your finger off to join The
- Preparation and rehearsal for “Psychedelic
- IRS Records had big plans for The Cramps
- Kid Congo felt very welcome in The
- Memories of Lux and Ivy’s record
- Kid Congo loves 45rpm records
- Where does Kid Congo Powers go record
- What’s the most he’s ever paid for a single
- What are the most collectible records of the
Kid Congo universe?
- The Gun Club reissues are pulled from the
- Kid Congo & The Pink Monkey Birds – Five Greasy Pieces
- How did The Cramps react to bootleggers?
- Memories with Tex Perkins
- Interview wrap up
Order the book "Some New Kind of Kick"
Extended, High-resolution & Commercial Free version of this
interview available at: www.Patreon.com/VinylGuide
Listen on Apple: https://apple.co/2Y6ORU0
Listen on Spotify: https://spoti.fi/36qhlc8
Follow our Podcast: https://linktr.ee/vinylguide
Support our show: www.Patreon.com/VinylGuide
If you like records, just starting a collection or are an
uber-nerd with a house-full of vinyl, this is the podcast for you.
Nate Goyer is The Vinyl Guide and discusses all things music and