May 2, 2022
Jack Irons, formerly of Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam, Eleven
& more, joins us to share memories, talk vinyl, discuss some career
highlights and his new double EP "Koi Fish In Space/Dream of Luminous
- Is Koi Fish In Space an album or an
- The process of developing his solo material
- What has he learned from working with songwriters in the
- Learning to editing and arranging music for the listeners
- How does he start a song? Drum beat, lyric, idea?
- Jack’s method of writing music and composition by
- Song naming and themes for instrumentals
- What were the records and music of his youth?
- Going to High School and punk shows in Los Angeles
- Eating Winchells doughnuts after a show
- An overview of how the Red Hot Chili Peppers came together
- The first gig with the RHCP lineup
- Playing with and influence of Hillel Slovak
- When did you realize music was going to be your career?
- The music landscape comparison of then and now
- The origin of the Cocksock
- What if the sock fell off?
- The continuing friendship and energy of RHCP
- Introducing Eddie Vedder into the rest of Pearl Jam
- How Jack came to meet Jeff Ahmet and Stone Gossard
- Jack’s record collection
- Trading in promotional records early in his career
- The coming together of "Koi Fish in Space" and "Dream of
Luminous Blue" EPs
- The benefit of the double EP format
- What are Jack’s thoughts on potential live shows?
- The video for “Epic Battle for the Elements”
- Touring and Opening for the Chili Peppers
- Wrapping up the interview
Extended interview available here: www.Patreon.com/VinylGuide
Listen on Apple: https://apple.co/2Y6ORU0
Listen on Spotify: https://spoti.fi/36qhlc8
Follow our Podcast: https://linktr.ee/vinylguide
Support our show: www.Patreon.com/VinylGuide
If you like records, just starting a collection or are an
uber-nerd with a house-full of vinyl, this is the podcast for you.
Nate Goyer is The Vinyl Guide and discusses all things music and