Apr 4, 2022
Actor, Musician, Gentleman Michael Des Barres joins us to talk
about his epic career, focusing on the band Detective and their
involvement on Led Zeppelin's Swan Song label.
- The Documentary “Who Do You Want Me To Be?”
- Perspective on the Detective years
- “A Million-Dollar Drum sound” – The cost of recording
- Memories of recording Detective album
- Vanity labels – Purple Records & Swan Song
- Meeting the Beatles
- The conclusion of Silverhead
- Michael’s charm that opens doors
- Listening to Detective in modern day
- Michael’s quality that he brings to music and acting
- Detective being courted by other labels
- Silverhead meets Led Zeppelin
- The transformation of Led Zeppelin of the mid 1970s
- Led Zeppelin playing the LA Forum
- Being inspired by Robert Plant
- Michael’s personality and making people feel special
- Did John Bonham play on Detective recordings?
- Michael’s memories of Peter Grant
- Release timing of Detective’s debut LP
- Recording “Takes One to Know One”
- Swan Song starting to fall apart
- Was there a moment he recognized Detective was finished?
- Memories of Detective “Live at Atlantic Studios”
- Michael’s favourite version of “Obsession”
- Would Michael consider selling his publishing?
- Michael sharing the story of joining Power Station
- Memories of playing Live Aid
- The new reissue of Detective LP in RSD
- What does Michael want his legacy to be?
- Wrapping up the interview
Extended interview available here: www.Patreon.com/VinylGuide
Listen on Apple: https://apple.co/2Y6ORU0
Listen on Spotify: https://spoti.fi/36qhlc8
Follow our Podcast: https://linktr.ee/vinylguide
Support our show: www.Patreon.com/VinylGuide
If you like records, just starting a collection or are an
uber-nerd with a house-full of vinyl, this is the podcast for you.
Nate Goyer is The Vinyl Guide and discusses all things music and