Feb 28, 2022
Eric Kretz is the drummer and founding member of Stone Temple
Pilots and today we discuss STP history, the big successes, the
difficult moments, the vinyl, recordings of the band, the Bay Area
music scene and the upcoming tour of Australia.
- Growing up in San Jose
- The last time STP was in Australia
- Rescheduling UnderTheSouthernStars festival
- Eric has some vinyl!
- Eric discovers Houses of the Holy
- Kiss Alive and STP at Cobo Hall
- Yes Fragile and the magic on vinyl
- Record shopping in San Jose in the 70s
- Taking Dean to San Jose
- Eric moving to LA, forming Mighty Joe Young
- Dean left a career to join STP full time
- Getting signed to Atlantic records
- Barney calls
- Seeing live shows in the Bay Area
- The transition from Mighty Joe Young to Stone Temple
- Renaming the band
- The popularity of Core
- Was there pressure for album #2?
- The fade in for Vaseline
- Are the STP master tapes safe?
- Stone Temple Pilots on vinyl
- The physicality of vinyl records
- Are STP modern vinyl pressings from the master tapes?
- Quality control on modern STP pressings
- Working with Don Was
- Any unreleased recordings / outtakes with Scott or
- How STP writes music
- Under The Southern Stars festival
- Will “Thank You” ever be released on vinyl?
Get tickets to see STP, Cheap Trick, Bush &
more at Under The Southern Stars festival.
Extended interview here: www.Patreon.com/VinylGuide
Listen on Apple: https://apple.co/2Y6ORU0
Listen on Spotify: https://spoti.fi/36qhlc8
Follow our Podcast: https://linktr.ee/vinylguide
Support our show: www.Patreon.com/VinylGuide
If you like records, just starting a collection or are an
uber-nerd with a house-full of vinyl, this is the podcast for you.
Nate Goyer is The Vinyl Guide and discusses all things music and