Jan 17, 2022
On January 28 Jethro Tull will release their 1st studio album in
over 2 decades. Today founder, songwriter Ian Anderson discusses
the new album "The Zealot Gene" as well as some historical
discussion on the classic LPs, "Aqualung", "Thick As A Brick",
various bootleg albums, vinyl and more.
- Ian's experience in the Covid-19 pandemic
- Ian's home stereo system and listening habits
- Reviewing Jakko Jakszyk & Steven Wilson mixes
- How Jethro Tull rehearses in the time of the pandemic
- His thoughts on Jethro Tull collectables
- The Zealot Gene vinyl/CD packages
- Ordering vinyl pressings and delays in 2021
- Ian's thoughts on the vinyl revival
- Jethro Tull vinyl bootlegs - TMoQ "My God" & more
- Ian's thoughts on bootleg vinyl
- The frustration with modern bootlegs
- Writing the Aqualung album, how the track came together
- The process of writing "Thick as a Brick" v "The Zealot
- What else is in the Jethro Tull vaults?
- The state of Jethro Tull master tapes
- Where is the album artwork?
- Was the Aqualung cover art stolen from the Chrysalis
- Wrap up
Order Jethro Tull "The Zealot Gene" here.
Extended interview here: www.Patreon.com/VinylGuide
Listen on Apple: https://apple.co/2Y6ORU0
Listen on Spotify: https://spoti.fi/36qhlc8
Follow our Podcast: https://linktr.ee/vinylguide
Support our show: www.Patreon.com/VinylGuide
If you like records, just starting a collection or are an
uber-nerd with a house-full of vinyl, this is the podcast for you.
Nate Goyer is The Vinyl Guide and discusses all things music and